PRIVATE CLASS IN THE ACADEMY PREMISES OR AT HOME (SEE ADDITIONAL FEES).
To better understand your needs, you will need to provide the make and model of your machine and grinder before the class, in order for us to assess your needs and prepare the training in advance. We also recommend that you bring a minimum of one pound of your favorite coffee and a few liters of water (if you do not use Montreal’s tap water), as well as any other accessories your normally use (frothing pitcher, tamper, scale, etc.), in order to re-create your home environment.
During the private training session, we can address any areas you wish. Commonly covered topics include:
- Basic espresso extraction theory
- Choosing coffee beans
- Choosing a recipe (brew ratio + shot time)
- Diagnosing extraction flaws by taste
- Tips and techniques to maximize the use of your equipment
- Best practices for pulling shots
- How to create microfoam when steaming milk
- How to pour latte art
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Advice on equipment upgrades
Private class AT THE ACADEMY: $100/h + taxes, minimum of 2 hours, +$50 per additional attendee. Private class AT YOUR HOME: $150/h + taxes, minimum of 2 hours, +$50 per additional attendee, + travel fees if it applies.