Intensive Barista Training lasting a full week-end (14 hours total), from 10am to 6pm each day, with a one-hour lunch break.
* Please note that this class is presented in French only at the moment. We can help you along the way in English, but the majority of the content is in French. For more information on an English training, please contact us.*
- The history of coffee since its discovery
- Growing and processing coffee
- Introduction to the terroir and roasting of coffee
- How to choose a coffee, and demystifying labels – organic, fair trade, direct trade, etc.
- Tasting via ‘cupping,’ the technique used by coffee professionals to evaluate coffee
- An in-depth look at coffee extraction
- What parameters affect the rate and quality of extraction, and how
- Best practices for preparing an espresso, as well as several manual filter coffee methods
- Tasting espresso and filter, and diagnosing brewing flaws
- Adjusting parameters to improve your coffee
- Steaming, texturing and sharing milk
- An introduction to latte art
- An open practice session for espresso, milk, and filter
- How to clean and maintain your equipment